Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Reminiscence Four: Before Sunrise

Abstracted from my old blog. Entry posted on September 25, 2005.

Hollywood has movie 'Before Sunrise' shot in Paris, but I have another 'Before Sunrise' in Inner-Mongolia, China. It's not about romance, it's about EXCITEMENT!!!!

The temperature is quite different between day and night there; it's like 35-40 degree in the day, but less than 10 degree at night. Remember one night I stayed at the yurt in the steppe, right outside of mine was a campfire party held by the hordes. That night was SOOOO BEAUTIFUL, sky was clear, countless stars shining over my head, full moon with vivid moonlight. What a beautiful creation of nature!!

It was one-something in the midnight, my mates and I headed back to our yurts to get some sleep cause we gotta get up at four in the morning. GUESSSS what!! We were going to a highland where we can see the SUNRIIISE!!

As I said, it was pretty cold and dark there; we were told to drive the four-wheel mountain bike on our own to get to the highland. I was actually a little bit scared, feeling insecure and doubted how we can drive the damn bike in this unbounded steppe... what if some animals jump out suddenly??? Having 25 mins funky drive, unkind winds had messed up my hair, and my hands were sleeping cause the bike was QUITE SHAKYY!!! We finally got there, we waited for a while; suddenly, there's a man yelled, "HEYYY LOOK there it is, THE SUN'S RISINGGG!!" AHHH God, could the sun be more beautiful than that??!!

No comments: